Trophy Twin Short Wheel Base
The Trophy Twin Short Wheel Base (SWB) is a compact side load, forward facing horse box able to carry two big horses whilst remaining easy to drive. It comes with fully fitted integral day living and a generous side external tack locker coach built with all new materials to a very high standard. This horse box is particularly suited to those requiring day living, good payload for two horses and a horse box that is easy to drive and manage on your own.
- Very easy to drive and manage
- Large payload estimated at 2.5 Tonne plus
- Transports two large 17.2h horses in comfort
- Fully integrated day living
- Large, lockable tack locker
- Side load, forward facing
- Compact size for easy manoevering
- Well ventilated, safe and solid horse area
- Safety drop breast bar in case of emergency as standard
- Full aluminium floor
A slightly larger version of the Trophy Twin is available built on a long wheel base.
Build Prices Start at £26,995 +VAT +Chassis
Weight and Dimensions
- Good payload of 2500kg or more, dependent on choice of materials and extras
- Transports two large horses around 17.2h in comfort and style
- Built on a 6.5 Tonne chassis, ideal chassis’ for build are Iveco C65, 6.5t, Iveco 50, 5.2t or Iveco 70 c17, 7t
- Wide side ramp entrance leading into a 9’6 / 260cm long horse area with 7’9 / 236cm headroom and a width of 7’5 / 226cm
- Day living area of 4’6 / 137cm by 7’5 / 226cm to provide enough space for sitting, relaxing and getting changed
- Finished build is approximately 14’ / 427cm long
- Fully finished length of 19’6 / 594cm including the cab
- Externally accessed lockable tack locker situated under the horse’s head, to height of the breast bar
- Tack locker fitted with two saddle racks and two bridle racks
- Full height wardrobe accessed from the living with plenty of space for storing all the rider’s essentials
- Additional storage and rug racks available as optional extras
- Spare wheel and tyre included as standard
- Battery fitted with an isolation switch to prevent battery drain and act as a security device
- Various optional safety extras are available, such as reversing cameras, horse view cameras, extra padding, fire extinguisher, smoke alarm, side step warning system etc
- Fully skirted in aluminium, painted to match the horse box finish
- Price includes external paint in one solid colour of your choice, plus various graphics
- Metallic paint and multi-colour options are available as extras
- Stalled for two horses facing forward, in the horse’s natural direction of travel
- Deep padded removable breastbar
- Solid to the floor partitions constructed in aluminium and GRP, multi-position with soft padding; rubber flap alternatives also available with the option to add alumiunium bar headboards
- Wide and lightweight under sprung ramp, finished in lightweight rubber with top hat runners, easy for one person to open and close
- Two substantial interlocking loading doors in GRP and padded
- Four internal and four external tie rings provided for secure travel and standing
- Three opening windows and 4 vent windows in horse area for maximum light and ventilation
- Door from horse area into living with opening window, ideal to be able to see and hear your horse whilst in transit
- Roll out steps underneath groom’s door leading into horse area, complete with viewing window
- Floor constructed from galvanised chassis rails and aluminium plank flooring with 19mm rubber overlay
- Heavy duty stockboard fitted up to 4’ / 122cm to prevent damage to the horse area walls
- Fully lined and insulated roof with internal lights
- Choose from various additional options such as a horse shower, horse camera and solid breastbars to suit your needs
- Fully integral day living provided with space for changing, eating and relaxing
- Large cut through from the cab to the living area for easy access and viewing
- Good size luton above the cab for storage or sleeping
- High gloss kitchen units and granite effect worktop
- Kitchen area includes SMEV 3 gas hob and glass lidded sink
- Bench seat with comfortable fabric covered cushion
- Two large windows for good light and ventilation
- Fully insulated roof, finished in white with lights
- Leatherette walls, available in multiple colours, other materials available upon request
- 18mm meshdeck with vinyl overlay flooring with the option to upgrade to karndean flooring
- Living appliances powered by leisure batteries; a split charge system and 240v plug are available as optional extras
As part of our policy to continually update the product range, we reserve the right to modify any specifications as may prove necessary. We will be pleased to answer any queries on this matter and confirm current specifications. All dimensions and weights are approximate and intended for guidance only.
Optional ExtrasOptional Extras
We are delighted with our new horse box from Peper Harow. The build quality is exceptional and in terms of securing a chassis and giving us exactly what we wanted nothing was too much trouble. The team were extremely patient and listened to everything we said to them. The horse box perfectly fits our needs and has been bought with the intention of keeping it for 15 years plus. I can thoroughly recommend them.
My horses and I absolutely love our Peper Harow Trophy Twin SWB. Starting with my research I found the Peper Harow website very informative, giving an excellent description of the product, so I knew exactly what I would be getting. I was impressed with the attention to detail and the well thought out layout of the Trophy Twin. Personally, I liked being able to go from the cab through to the horses. At our first meeting Julia was very open, accommodating and helpful in our viewing of the horseboxes which included a test drive on the chassis that I was having my box built on. After placing the order Julia kept me up to date on the build progress and was very patient with my indecisiveness on the paint colour! The horsebox was built and ready for collection in the quoted time frame. The whole purchasing process was very smooth and easy and I am extremely pleased with my Trophy Twin, my horses travel so well in it and there is loads of room for my 17.2hh warmblood. I can see why secondhand Trophy Twins are like hen’s teeth to find, at 6.5t they are the perfect size and so user friendly.
I absolutely love my newly built Trophy Twin. It combines great looks with fantastic practicality and ingenuity. There is no compromise at the expense of the horse area which is large, airy and secure, yet the use of the space in the living and tack locker is optimised. A fantastic compact lorry you don't wish was any bigger.
Given the vast array of options available, buying your first horsebox can be very daunting, especially for non-horsey parents 'blessed' (or 'cursed') with a horse-mad daughter. Reassured by the number of Peper Harow horse boxes I saw on display in a Pony Club field, I called Julia to take my first steps on the road to ownership. From the very first conversation, Julia patiently answered all of my questions and was a calm, reassuring presence through the many twists and turns of our buying process. Six months on, we are delighted with our horsebox...a big thank you to Julia, Adam and the team.
Just to say how delighted I am with the lorry, the build quality and speed of service was excellent, the attention to detail was terrific, even the pins had holders to stop any noises. I would not hesitate to recommend the Peper Harow Trophy Twin to anyone who wants to travel the largest of horses in comfort, with the added security of having a twin axel. With plenty of room for equipment too!