Our conversions are built by converting an already existing 7.5 Tonne chassis with a reasonably unmarked and tidy body that has good headroom and width. A smart aerofoil kit is fitted to provide a neat aerodynamic fit to the body and easy engine access; providing a strong and practical basis for a horse box conversion. You are able to choose the extras you want within your horse box and choose the internal and external finishes, all without paying for a fully coach built box. These horse boxes are particularly suited to those needing a large horse box without the desire for fully coach built.
- Easy engine access with full tilt cab on aerofoil and luton design models
- Choose your ideal split between horse area and living
- Add as many or as few extras as you require
- Choose from 16′ / 488cm to 20′ / 610cm body lengths to suit your needs
Build Prices Start at £16,995 + VAT + Chassis
|Build Your Own||
Choose from the various options available to create your own Conversion Build and get an indicative cost (FEATURE COMING SOON!!)
Building a Conversion
- Sourcing – The start of building a horse box conversion always begins with sourcing a chassis. All of our conversions are built using a second hand well looked after chassis, usually an Iveco or DAF. We can source these for you, or you can provide it yourself.
- Design – We then work with you to design your horse box and choose your added extras and finishes, whilst guiding you on the anticipated payload to ensure we can achieve what you require. This includes choosing the following:
- Size of horse area vs living
- Number and size of stalls
- Location and size of storage
- Required materials and finishes in horse area and living
- Seating and sleeping
- Kitchen and bathroom requirements
- Build – When building your conversion the body of the vehicle is divided up into the horse area and living / groom’s area as per your specifications. Generally this ends up being two-thirds horse area and one-third living. The back panel of the cab is modified to provide a cut through access to the living / groom’s area. This leaves a full tilt cab facility for mechanical access. In the horse area a new aluminium floor is always fitted with a rubber mat overlay. A ramp is added with underslung springs and tough non-slip covering. It also has top hat runners and two white GRP loading doors. Dependent on the number of stalls you require, 2 or 3 galvanised, padded, telescopic partitions with rubber flaps are positioned to suit your horses. We also fit 4′ stockboard lining on the walls. The roof is white lined and fitted with interior lights. Windows in the style you choose will be positioned in front of and behind the horse. This keeps the area bright and well ventilated. The living / grooms area can be left unfitted and remain small. Or you might choose something larger and fully furnished with a kitchen, seating and bathroom area.
- Paint – The horse box is then spray painted with your choice of colours and graphics.
- Deliver – Prior to delivering your conversion horse box, the chassis will have been fully serviced and have a new annual test certificate. The horse box will also be weighed and a weighbridge certificate stating the unladed weight will be provided. A chassis and living battery isolator will also be fitted to the horse box.
I am very happy with my Peper Harow Horse Box. Having looked around for a 7.5 tonne conversion box I engaged with Julia over the phone. We discussed what type of box I wanted. Julia's experience of horsebox features guided my "design". Within a few days a chassis was acquired, money was passed on, paperwork exchanged...and we were off! The box is as I desired with a small living containing a lockable full height closet which has saddle racks etc. The horse area works well. Lovely windows. The ramp is well balanced and quite manageable by 1 person. The colour scheme is my choice... I love the colours. It has been greatly admired. Julia was at all times a delight to communicate with.
I spent several months researching and looking for my perfect lorry because of a nasty accident I had with my horse and trailer and I felt totally disappointed because many failed to meet my requirements. In addition, there were a few traders who had bad reputations around the quality of the horse box build, rising costs and a lack of professionalism. I was on the verge of giving up altogether when I came across quite a few positive reviews for Peper Harow Horse Boxes in the Horse and Hound forums. I contacted a local horse box mechanic who recommended Peper Harow as affordable and functional but more importantly a good quality bespoke build. I had originally thought I wouldn’t ever be able to afford the costs of having a lorry built to my own specifications but after meeting Julia and Adam I soon realised it was achievable and any extras I couldn’t afford I could have added at a later stage. Julia and Adam ensured I understood everything and kept me updated at every point plus invited me down twice to view the lorry before the next phase of build began. The one thing I would like to stress the most, and I think is a credit to Julia and Adam, is they communicate – I never had to chase them for a response to any questions I had and I did have quite a few! I have collected my lorry now and she drives like a dream and like all stories (because business is business and things can go wrong) I have a couple of very minor things that need tweaking but I am totally confident that Julia and Adam run a professional after sales service and those minor tweaks will be sorted as soon as I can get my lorry to them. So before you decide you can’t afford a Peper Harow lorry have a chat with Julia first because you never know!!!!
Mark, Lesley and Harriet Gray
We were looking for a 6.5 tonne horsebox to replace our high spec 7.5 tonne box. We looked at several manufacturers but were never convinced that we could fit all the extras into the smaller lorry. Julia and Adam at Peper Harow were extremely patient and helpful and along with their team created the perfect vehicle for us. We have a spacious lorry with a 2 tonne payload that drives like a car and the fuel and maintenance costs are half the cost of a 7.5 tonne horsebox. Build quality is fantastic, the horse area is spacious with plenty of storage space. Peper Harow provided us with the ideal living area that sleeps 3 and includes shower, toilet, tv/dvd, sink, hob, fridge, hook up, heating and plenty of storage space. All in all the perfect lorry for us.
Just collected my new Peper Harrow lorry conversion. Love it. Excellent service from Julia and Adam and workshop team, discussing my requirements and keeping me up to date on build. Lorry almost too smart to put horses in!!