NEW COACHBUILT TROPHY TWIN – SECURE YOUR ORDER SLOT FOR A SHORT OR LONG WHEEL BASE
Orders are currently being taken for coachbuilt horse boxes, so now is the time to spec your personalised version and secure your build slot.
- Live video walk through available
- Face to face viewing at our yard where we have multiple horse boxes available to view
- Great finance options available
- Good choice of manual and automatic chassis available for different budgets
- We can sell your current vehicle on your behalf and put the sale proceeds towards your new horse box
The Trophy Twin is our most popular build and are known for their quality and longevity. We often resell older versions of these builds when customers are upgrading. It is available in both long and short wheel base.
- Large payload, approximately 2.5 tonne+
- All Trophy Twins come with a large payload, approximately 2.5 tonne+
- Can transport 2 large 17.2h horses in comfort
- Always fitted with an aluminium plank floor, provided with a new MOT and battery isolation switch
- Generally built side load, forward facing; but other configurations are possible
- Fully fitted day living, plus any additional options you choose
- Generous size tack locker across the rear or on the side of the vehicle
- Can be built on any chassis size or manufacturer; 5 tonne to 7.5 tonne are most popular
We will source a chassis to fit your budget with an average 7 tonne Iveco chassis around 5 years old and having covered in the region of 100,000 miles costing about £15,000 to £20,000 plus vat. All chassis are supplied fully serviced, with new MOT, battery isolation switch, spare wheel, 2 keys and presented in very good condition. Please call for current chassis availability.
The Living Area
The Trophy Twin comes with a fully integral day living comprising of seating area, high gloss or matt effect kitchen units and concrete effect worktop as standard with a glass top gas hob and sink. Plenty of light and ventilation is provided by the two large windows and the large cut through to the cab provides additional light and viewing. A good size luton above the cab can be used for storage or sleeping. Any additional living spec can be added.
An externally accessed tack locker is included in the build cost. This is situated under the horse’s head on the short wheel base Trophy Twin, or across the rear of the vehicle on the long wheel base version. The tack locker is fitted with two saddle racks and two bridle racks. Inside the living there is also a full height wardrobe for all the rider’s essentials and additional storage can always be added subject to weight restrictions.
The Horse Area
Stalled for two horses, normally to travel in a forward facing position, the Trophy Twin’s horse area has an aluminium floor with a rubber overlay to provide safe and long-term usage. Partitions are solid to the floor with soft padding as standard. The ramp is wide, lightweight and undersprung, making it easy for one person to open and close. Plenty of light and ventilation is provided in the horse area with 7 opening windows. The door from the living into the horse area allows you to see and hear your horse during transit.
The benefit of having a new coach built Trophy Twin means you can choose the finishes inside and out and also the optional extras you might want to add. These could include a horse shower, horse camera or additional storage amongst others. See our website for the available options – https://phhb.co.uk/extras/ .
Weights & Dimensions
Good payload of 2,500kg or more, dependent on your choice of materials and extras
External length of build excluding cab: SWB – approximately 427cm / 14’; LWB – approximately 488cm / 16’
- Internal Height – 236cm / 7’ 9″
- Internal Width – 226cm / 7’ 5”
- Length (bum to nose) – 290cm / 9’ 6″
- Tack locker – SWB – 61 x 86cm / 2′ x 2′ 6″; LWB – 46 x 226cm / 1′ 6″ x 7′ 5″
- Length – SWB – 137cm / 4′ 6″; LWB – 152cm / 5’
- Width – 226cm / 7’ 5″
All newly coach built Trophy Twins are provided with a years’ test as well as a 3 month mechanical and 1 year build warranty.
If you are looking for a smaller horse box, check out our Trophy 3.5 Tonne – https://phhb.co.uk/coach-builds/trophy-twin-3-5-ton/
If you are wanting to spend more to have something even more luxurious and bespoke, see our Trophy Travelmaster – https://phhb.co.uk/coach-builds/trophy-travelmaster/
Please see our online gallery for photos of previously built Trophy Twins:
• Short Wheel Base – https://phhb.co.uk/coach-builds/trophy-twin-swb/
• Long Wheel Base – https://phhb.co.uk/coach-builds/trophy-twin-lwb/
• Hybrid Trophy Twins (rear ramp, backwards facing travel, stallion partitions etc) – https://phhb.co.uk/coach-builds/hybrid-horse-boxes-the-trophy-range/
Viewing of stock can be arranged by appointment in Guildford, Surrey. Please contact us for more information and to secure your build slot now.